Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fashion Doesn't Take A Day Off ...

So I was reading one of my new favorite fashion blogs, ONE little MOMMA, and I thought, "I NEED to be a fashion blogger!"  Seriously, she even writes on one of her pages that if people want to send her their stuff they can.  She, of course, will pre-approve whether or not she wants to write about it in her blog.  So people are basically sending her free stuff just in hopes that she will write about it to get their stuff advertised out there to the masses.  Wow.  So I have decided to stop writing about special needs and disability and start my fashion blogging.  Because #1: I know sooo much zilch about fashion, #2: What the world really needs is more fashion bloggers sarcasm, and #3: I really just want people to send me free stuff not sarcasm

Some time ago my husband was admiring my #OOTD.  That's fashion world secret code for Outfit Of The Day.  He said, "Fashion doesn't take a day off."  But what he really meant was, "Will you be putting something else on before someone sees you?"  Because pretty much, I wear the same thing every day ~ Nike jogging shorts and some form of hand-me-down t-shirt that I may or may not have slept in.  In the winter I just add a sweatshirt, hand-me-down soccer pants and some UGG boots to that sweet ensemble.  Can't you just envision the young fashionistas rushing to my website to check out my #OOTD?  All the young women of the next generation that I could be influencing!  Yeah, this right here may be the main reason God gave me boys.

One of the other awesome things I've found in the fashion blogging world is companies will throw fabulous blogger parties at their place of business just to get the bloggers to showcase their business. How do I get in on this?!!  I would gladly spend a long weekend at the StitchFix warehouse and get pampered by them only to come back home to tell all ten of you readers about how StitchFix did my hair, dressed me up, gave me delicious food to eat, toured the city, all while I slept in a hotel room by myself, taking a shower without interruption, without taking blood sugar all night, or getting puked on once! Sign me up!  I have heard of StitchFix in the past but recently it has become really appealing.  There was a time going to the mall and spending hours wandering from store to store searching for the perfect piece of clothing was my dream come true.  Now, I can't think of anything worse.  Having someone else pick out a shirt for me, ship it to me and all I have to do is mindlessly put it on sounds pretty good about now.  If you've tuned into previous blogs you know that it's been difficult to even get to Target. Whoops,I almost slipped into writing about special needs there for a moment.  I forgot.  I am now a fashion blogger!!  Here is me in my usual #OOTD.  Young girls, don't all rush to get yourself an outfit just like mine.  Seriously, don't.

Oh, and the #1 reason I will never be an actual fashion blogger: Selphies.  They make me feel like more of a moron than I already do on an everyday basis.  How do real fashion bloggers take so many pictures of themselves in the mirror and not feel like a blooming idiot?

Bible Verse I'm Loving Today:
Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.











No comments:

Post a Comment