Saturday, May 3, 2014

Lipstick Review #2 ...

I have once again had many requests for a Lipstick Review.  Okay, again, it was just one request.  But I feel like many wanted to request it but couldn't find the words.  So here it is for all of those unheard voices...



This is my Go-To base lip stuff.  It's in my favorite form, the stain.  I like a stain because I hate sticky, gloppy goo on my lips.  I don't want to be the mom that leaves her lip mark on the kids after kissing them on the forehead.  Also, I just hate how sticky lips feel.  As much as I love make-up, I don't want to feel it or taste it.  And I am the kind of person that will unknowingly have it on my teeth or the front of my shirt.

The Instinct color is almost the exact color of my lips, only better.  It's a less pale version of my own lips.  So it seems to enhance the color God gave me, not cover it up.  There are probably ten or so other colors.  I have tried a couple and only one other worked on my skin tone.  It was a deeper mauve and I think it was called Mystique.  I seldom use it just because I struggle with colors that stray from my actual lip color.

The down side to almost any stain is it's drying effects.  Yes, this comes with a balm on the other end.  Throw that piece of candle wax that calls itself balm in the trash.  Yuck!  Use another balm.  Preferably something without all of the gross additives (petroleum byproducts) in many of today's lipsticks & chapsticks.  They (you know, "THEY") say that we ladies end up eating most of what we put on our lips.  So I try to keep a lot of my makeup and lipsticks free of that stuff.  This stain doesn't claim to not have those things.  So I try to keep what's on top of it more naturally derived.  And I see better results on my finicky skin.

Another thing I'm not crazy about is how long it lasts, or doesn't last.  It does need to be reapplied periodically throughout the day.  Like I said, I love make-up.  But I only want to apply it once.  I'm not one of those girls driving down the highway, with all the mirrors pointing at me, fixing my face.  (They drive me nuts, by the way).

I have found this lip stain in many local stores like Walgreen's, Wal-Mart and Ulta.  Unfortunately, the place I am always at, Target, has currently discontinued the line.  I do like Ulta because they usually have coupons in our local newspaper and testers to check the color before you buy.


So here's the recap of the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in Instinct:
Pros:  
It's not sticky, I love the color, it lasts longer than most lipsticks, and it seems to enhance anything I put on top of it
Cons:  
It's drying, it isn't naturally derived, the balm is yucky, it doesn't last as long as I would like (meaning all day), and it seems to run out or dry out quickly (I go through a tube quicker than most)

Overall, I really like this lip stain.  At least until I find something better...

Bible verse I'm loving today:  Proverbs 12:19

No comments:

Post a Comment